Facilities Maintenance- Field Technician
Facilities Maintenance- Field Technician:
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance – Field Technician
Location: Bridgeville, Greentree, Canonsburg, Parkway West areas
Shift: Generally 7:00 – 3:00 w/ some flexibility; nights/weekends when required
Employment Status: Full-Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that properties consistently exceed approved departmental and organizational standards
- Responsible for timely response to service calls for all maintenance requests
- Delegation of work to service vendors and support contractors for building maintenance needs; including inspection of completed work to established standards. (ex. janitorial, HVAC, snow removal)
- Conduct routine property inspections to identify maintenance needs
- Requires excellent customer service skills as position is front line support to client base
- Financial acumen is critical to understand Operational and Capital Expenditure budgets
- Leadership skills and the ability to work within a team are imperative
- Performing other duties as requested or assigned.
- Associates degree preferable
- Five (5) years’ experience as a facilities/maintenance technician
- Ability to perform basic level maintenance/handyman tasks including HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Ability to multi – task and prioritize is critical
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with others while working in a fast – paced working environment
- Good physical condition as well as a neat, clean and well – groomed appearance
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must pass following tests:
- Valid driver’s license required
- Pickup truck required to move from property to property (Burns Scalo magnetic signs to be placed on truck during business hours and removed during off hours)
- Position does allow for vehicle allowance
- Should have own set of tools to perform tasks consistent with job description
- Smart phone is provided; must have ability to email, text, photograph w/ device
- Burns Scalo apparel is provided and is expected to be worn daily.
- Customer Service and Sales training will be provided.
- Brand and reputation are very important. Burns Scalo is a 63 year old legacy company whose core values must be upheld at all times.
- Burns Scalo is a dynamic growth company with a passion for what we do. Individuals should desire to grow both personally and professionally along with us!
965 Greentree Road Suite 400 • Pittsbugh, PA 15220
© 2018 Burns Scalo Brokerage, LLC